In the demanding world of now-ness, Vietnam gives visitors a reason to slow down and admire the red lotus. Known for the genteel way of its people, this is also one of the most bio-diverse places in the world, and boasts no less variety when it comes to historical, and natural attractions. Vietnam's charming culture draws influences from its Chinese and French occupational past, which can be seen in aspects ranging from language and festivals to the striking architecture seen around the country. A villa rental in Vietnam allows guests to enjoy the juxtaposition of quaint old seaside towns evoking nostalgic feelings of yesteryear, with cosmopolitan cities serving as a benchmark for modern Asia.
BOOK NOW: Mia Resort Vietnam Villas
Considering a villa holiday in Vietnam? Here's some useful information to get you started on your vacation planning.
- Southeastern Asia, with country borders: China, Laos, Cambodia. Water borders: South China Sea, Gulf of Tonkin.
Passport and Visa Information
- Citizens of US, UK, and EU countries must pre-obtain an entry visa to Vietnam for a stay of up to 3 months. Scandinavian citizens of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland may visit Vietnam without a visa for a period of 15 days. All foreign visitors are exempt from entry visas to Phu Quoc island only, for a period of 15 days. For online visa applications and and visa requirement information for other countries, visit the Vietnam Visa & Immigration website (www.vietnamvisa.com)
- Vietnamese Dong (VND)
(for exchange rate updates check on www.xe.com)
- Tropical in the south; monsoonal in the north, with rainy season from May to September and warm and dry for the rest of the year
- Population: 90.5 million (2011 est)
- Capital City: Hanoi
- Country Calling Code(s): +84
- Electricity: 220V, 50 Hz
- Type(s) of plug / socket: type A in the south, type C in the north, and type G in newer hotels
- Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (www.vietnamtourism.com)
Now that you've decided on your destination, here are some pointers on how you can get to your Vietnam villa.
- Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) in the northern capital of Hanoi, or Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) in the southern commercial capital of Ho Chi Minh City . Depending on your destination, you may need to connect with another domestic flight, or check with us for the most convenient airport depending on your point of origin.
Approximate Travel Time (to SGN) from:
- Los Angeles: 18hr+ depending on connecting layover
- New York: 19hr+ depending on connecting layover
- London: 13hr+ depending on connecting layover
- Moscow: 12hr+ depending on connecting layover
- Shanghai: 4hr direct
- Sydney: 8hr 45min direct