Phuket is widely considered one of the world's most attractive and appealing holiday destinations. The island's rugged coastline, delightful beaches and refined hospitality choices make for a multifarious vacation experience, with a full suite of sights and services to more than match visitors' vast array of tastes and expectations. The island's traditional origins as a Chinese fishing enclave means visitors can easily combine cultural visits with nature based activities such as snorkelling, diving and kayaking. Food lovers enjoy a truly global menu, while Phuket's vibrant nightlife and entertainment scene creates a fun, beach party atmosphere with options for revellers of all ages and budgets.
Considering a villa holiday in Phuket? Here's some useful information to get you started on your vacation planning.
- Island off the southwest coast of Thailand with no provincial borders. Close to Phang Nga and Krabi provinces. Water borders: Andaman Sea.
Passport and Visa Information
- Citizens of US, UK, and EU countries may enter Thailand without a visa for a period of 30 days. For updates and visa requirement information for other countries, visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs site (www.mfa.go.th).
- Thai Baht (THB)
(for exchange rate updates check on www.xe.com)
- Hot and humid year-round, with a dry season from November to April; rainy season from May to October.
- International Tourist Arrivals: 1.68 million (2010)
- Provincial Capital: Phuket Town
- Country / Area Calling Code(s): +66 / (0)76
- Electricity: 220V, 50 Hz
- Type(s) of plug / socket: mainly A, B, C
- Tourism Authority of Thailand (www.tourismthailand.org)
Now that you've decided on your destination, here are some pointers on how you can get to your Phuket villa.
- Phuket International Airport (HKT). Depending on your point of origin, may include a connection in Bangkok.
Other Means of Arrival
- Car or bus via Phang-Nga province over the Thao Thepkassatri Bridge that connects Phuket to the mainland
- Ferry from Krabi province or speedboat from nearby islands
Approximate (Scheduled Flight) Travel Time from:
- Los Angeles: 19hr+ depending on connecting layover
- New York: 22hr+ depending on connecting layover
- London: 14hr+ depending on connecting layover
- Moscow: 12hr+ depending on connecting layover
- Shanghai: 4hr 50min direct
- Sydney: 12hr+ depending on connecting layover
Posted by Wayne Hue