Whatever you seek on your vacation, a villa holiday in Thailand ticks all the boxes. Never too far from your luxury hideaway are cultural fascinations, inspiring wonders of nature, stellar facilities, and genuine warm service that has earned Thailand its moniker of 'Land of Smiles'. Thailand's rental residences are mostly concentrated in beach resort destinations like Phuket and Koh Samui, famed for their tropical appeal, clear cerulean waters and stretches of fine white sand.
Considering a villa holiday in Thailand? Here's some useful information to get you started on your vacation planning.
- Southeastern Asia, with country borders: Burma, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia. Water borders: Andaman Sea, Gulf of Thailand.
Passport and Visa Information
- Citizens of US, UK, and EU countries may enter Thailand without a visa for a period of 30 days. For updates and visa requirement information for other countries, visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs site (www.mfa.go.th).
- Thai Baht (THB)
(for exchange rate updates check on www.xe.com)
- Tropical, with southern isthmus hot and humid year-round. In other parts of the country, rainy and warm from mid-May to September; dry and cool from November to mid-March
- Population: 66.7 million
- Capital City: Bangkok
- Country Calling Code(s): +66
- Electricity: 220V, 50 Hz
- Type(s) of plug / socket: mainly A, B, C
- Tourism Authority of Thailand (www.tourismthailand.org)
Now that you've decided on your destination, here are some pointers on how you can get to your Thailand villa.
- Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK). Depending on your destination, you may need to connect with another domestic flight, or check with us for the most convenient airport depending on your point of origin.
- Thai Airways International
Approximate Travel Time from:
- Los Angeles: 17hr 20min direct
- New York: 20hr+ depending on connecting layover
- London: 11hr 15min direct
- Moscow: 8hr 35min direct
- Shanghai: 4hr 15min direct
- Sydney: 9hr 15min direct
Posted by Wayne Hue