SVH & PVH Group of Companies have signed and implemented the Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism.
Suppliers of tourism services adopting the code commit themselves to implement the following six criteria:
THE SIX CRITERIA:
1. To establish an ethical policy regarding commercial sexual exploitation of children.
2. To train the personnel in the country of origin and travel destinations.
3. To introduce a clause in contracts with suppliers, stating a commonrepudiation of commercial sexual exploitation of children.
4. To provide information to travelers by means of catalogues, brochures, in-flight films, ticket-slips, home pages, etc.
5. To provide information to local "key persons" at the destinations.
6. To report annually.
Inthe following months SVH & PVH Goup of Companies will work on implementing these 6 criteria and make them part of the company's SOP.
SVH-PVH Group of Companies Ethical Policy on Child Protection:
"Following the association with "The Code" introduced by Kuoni Travel, IPSL, the villa owners and/or the local representative endeavor to contribute to the fight against child prostitution and trafficking. Any possible offenders will be brought to the local authorities.
It is also prohibited to act unlawfully in any way what so ever and to bring in and/or use/consume any illegal substances. Any offenders will be brought to the local authorities.
In addition, in line with moral duty and respect for the local employee, as well as for the safety of our valued guests, it is not authorized to bring male or female joiners met on site back to the properties under no circumstances. The local managers reserve the right to request anyone to vacate a property at any time". (Paragraph 11 under Terms & Conditions- Holliday Villa Retal)
Furthermore, our aim and goal to support ECPAT is;
1. To Create Awareness within our operation, with our guests, partners and within the local and business community.
2. We will conduct training seminars/workshops for our employees with special focus for the staff in the villas who could be exposed to any such activity or situation.
3. Any training of staff is to be integrated as part of SVH-PVH’s Standard Operational Procedures.
4. Our goal is to achieve and take on social responsibility in protecting children.
5. Take on social responsibility by promoting Samui as a destination for its genuine Quality
6. Support the local population’s integrity!
Samui Villas & Homes signing ceremony with ECPAT.